Hello lovelies! We’re back today with another donut recipe and it’s a goodie – baked pumpkin donuts!
Ever since I got a donut pan, I have been loving experimenting with different flavors of baked donuts and these may just be in the top two… with the Red Velvet Donuts being #1 so far.
Wait… maybe the pumpkin crumble donuts are #2? There’s just something about that crumble topping that is amazing to me.
Anyway, I’m scheduling this post a couple days early because right now (as you’re reading this) I’m on my way back from Chicago and picking up my mom from the airport!
I love when my mom visits but especially this time because that means that it’s only 2 days away from when I have this baby… and that makes me more excited than anything. haha
Pregnancy is not my forte and the sooner it is over, for me, the better. But I do have to say that all the yumminess I have been craving lately has been helping with me getting through this pregnancy.
I made these donuts and, #noshame, ate 4 before I even had time to get the glaze on them. And of course my other 2 kids were on top of me begging for more donuts too.
This recipe makes about 18 donuts but I only had 12 to photograph because we ate them. They turned out so light and fluffy with such a great pumpkin flavor, that it was hard to resist.
Then I whipped up a quick cream cheese glaze which took these donuts over the top. The perfect little sweet, cream cheese bite.
There’s nothing better than fresh donuts in the morning. Or afternoon… or all day donut snacking. Because that happened…
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, sugar, and brown sugar and whisk to combine.
- Add oil, eggs, pumpkin puree, and vanilla and mix until incorporated and batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into large gallon bag and snip corner off. Pipe batter into prepared donut pan, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350° F for 14-16 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan before moving to cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, or small bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until fully incorporated and has a glaze-like texture. If it is too thick, add a little more milk 1 tsp at a time.
- Add glaze to piping bag or sandwich bag with corner cut off and pipe onto cool donuts.
- Enjoy while still slightly warm!