I made a video you guys! Seriously, I never thought I would make a video about cooking but I did!
I’ve actually been thinking about making videos for a while now but just never had the gusto to do it. I made this video a few weeks ago and was still skeptical if I should post it.
Fortunately, a bunch of you that took the reader survey (thank you!!) told me that you wanted to see more cooking videos… so here ya go!
Let me know what you think about it by leaving a comment here or on my YouTube Channel.
I would love some feedback for future videos.
Now onto these pumpkin energy bites. I’ve made a few ball recipes before and I have to say that so far, this one is my absolute favorite.
It could also be that it is fall and I am, like everyone else, craving all things savory and pumpkin-ey.
Doesn’t matter either way, they are delicious.
Made with pumpkin, spices, coconut, and dates, then rolled again in coconut flakes they are the perfect little afternoon snack.
Pumpkin Energy Bites
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place dates into a medium bowl and cover with about 1 cup of warm water. Let soak for 10-15 minutes. Drain.
- While dates are soaking, add pecan halves to food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Add drained dates, pumpkin, coconut, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla; pulse until incorporated, scraping down the sides occasionally.
- Scoop out mixture into medium-sized bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and roll into tablespoon-sized balls then roll in extra coconut.