Happy Wednesday, lovelies! I’m so excited to be back at home and with my family and babies again. After spending only 2 days in the hospital, I was released on Sunday to come home and I couldn’t be happier.
I am still in a bit of pain but considering I just had a c-section, I would say I’m doing a pretty good job.
Now that I’m back home, there is nothing keeping me out of the kitchen and I’m already back at cooking and baking again.
Yes, I know, I am supposed to slow down and take it easy but I just can’t.
Plus, after enduring hospital food for 2 days I had to get back in the kitchen and at least whip up a delish breakfast for myself and the family.
We’ve been home for 3 days and since the new baby is sleeping pretty well (yay for 4 hour stretches!!) I’m feeling well enough to be back into a semi-normal routine.
So here we are making some delish pumpkin waffles. Since, ya know, we’re all about all things pumpkin this month!
These waffles are perfect with their golden brown slightly crispy crust and soft and fluffy center. I ended up just topping mine with a little syrup and powdered sugar but these waffles are very versatile so you can top them with pretty much anything.
They’ve also got just the right amount of pumpkin flavor without being overpowering. They came out perfectly and made a perfect “back home” breakfast.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Heat waffle iron to medium-high according to manufacturer’s directions and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add eggs, milk, and pumpkin puree and mix until incorporated.
- Scoop by 1/2 cupfuls onto preheated waffle iron and cook until golden brown and done.
- Serve immediately topped with your favorite topping.