It’s the last day of the month and officially summertime! I thought that would be perfect to share this delicious red sangria slushie with you all.
I mean, why not?
It’s sangria in a slushie form!
I got the idea to make this from my watermelon wine slushie that I made a couple years ago. Now that we’re all settled into the new house and I’m getting back into the swing of things, I wanted to make a new sangria.
Then why not freeze it since it’s a million and one degrees outside right now?
Honestly, it’s just nice to be back in the kitchen. I took a lot of time off when my sister passed away and when I came back to blogging I just didn’t have the heart to get back to cooking again. I don’t even know why, it just didn’t feel right.
So I wrote a bunch of lifestyle posts instead to pass the time I needed. It helped, I think.
Plus, with the busyness of the move it was just difficult.
Now we’re all settled. All the boxes are gone. I have my brand new kitchen that is just begging me to get back into it and cook, bake, and make all the delicious treats again.
So here we are with this red sangria slushie. It’s super easy to make with your favorite red wine, triple sec, and some blackberry liqueur. Pour them into some ice cube trays to freeze for a couple hours.
After they’re frozen, pull them out and blend together with some frozen fruit and you have yourself a slushie!
The addition of frozen fruit for a garnish makes for a beautiful presentation, too.
Red Sangria Slushie
- 1 (750ml) bottle red wine
- 1/2 cup triple sec or orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup chambord or blackberry liqueur
- 2 Tbsp simple syrup *
- 1 cup raspberries frozen
- 1 cup strawberries frozen
- 1 cup blueberries frozen
- 2 cups ice if needed
- Mix the wine, liqueur, and simple syrup together and pour into ice trays. Freeze for 2 hours.
- After freezing, add wine cubes to blender with frozen fruit.
- Pulse for a few seconds to break everything apart then blend on high until smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Add ice if slushie not quite frozen enough and blend again until smooth.
- Pour into chilled stemless wine glasses and garnish with extra frozen fruit, if desired. Serve immediately.