Beautiful pasta dish made with sweet Italian sausage, fresh fennel, white wine, and cherry tomatoes.
I just found out a couple days ago that my best friend finally had her baby! I’m so excited not just because she’s finally a mom but also because someone other than me finally has kids! Haha
For as long as I’ve had kids, my immediate and best friends have all been kid-less.
Thankfully I’ve found the type of friends that don’t really care if I had kids or not, they still wanted to hang out with me and get together for lunch, drinks, whatever.
I’ve heard of other women who finally had kids and some of their friends just slowly started disappearing. Actually, it was just the opposite for me.
When I first found out I was pregnant over 10 years ago (eek, I can’t believe it’s been that long) I ended up dumping most of the “friends” I had at the time.
I guess it’s just one way to find out who your true friends are, albeit not a very good way – or maybe it is? But as your priorities shift when you get pregnant and have kids it’s nice to know who will still be there and who won’t.
Then as you grow as a mom and make new friends it’s nice that those without don’t care and don’t judge you because you have kids.
Anyway, now one of my best friends and the first friend I made when we moved here to Michigan finally has a little boy of her own. I’m so excited for her but also a little jealous because I’ve been wanting a little boy of my own but I have three girls!
We’ll see how that works out though because the hubby really wants 4 kids and I’m semi-on board with that… so ya never know. I might end up with a little boy for the last and final baby.
Yes, if we have number 4 it will be the very last.
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 bulb fresh fennel chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 oz cherry tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 shallot diced
- grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, add water and cook pasta according to manufacturers directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return to pot.
- While pasta is boiling, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking and stirring with spoon, until browned; about 5-6 minutes.
- Add chopped fennel, wine, tomatoes, butter, shallot, and cook until fennel and tomatoes are softened; about 12-14 minutes.
- Add reserved pasta water and cooked pasta and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve immediately.