As a current pregnant woman… maintaining a healthy lifestyle is extremely important for the growth and development of my new baby. And as all of you know, I already have 2 babies at home that are also growing and developing.
Being a mom is difficult at times, but it is also incredibly rewarding and being a good role model for them is important. Kids pick up on everything that you do and mimic that behavior, even if you tell them not to do it. They follow your actions, not your words.
For my family, and as a health & fitness coach, it’s incredibly important to show them how to create healthy habits early on so they are adapted for life. Making informed food choices and being active for at least 30 minutes a day are just a couple ways to show how to do this.
Daily workouts and nutritious eating are just a part of our normal routine but I know that it can sometimes be hard for others. So I’ve come up with a simple list of food swaps you can do today to start creating better habits in your home and lifestyle.
- Swap in Born Sweet Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener as your regular sweetener in your coffee, tea, and smoothies. Born Sweet Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener has the perfectly sweet taste you’re looking for but without the funny aftertaste and has zero calories. It is also made with real, natural ingredients and nothing artificial.
- Swap vinegar & oil based dressings for creamy salad dressings. Creamy dressings are high in calories and full of fat. Instead, choose balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, or olive oil.
- Swap carbonated, flavored water for soda. Sodas have no nutritional value and are a waste of calories. Choose either flavored water, carbonated water, or quench your thirst with pure h2o.
- Swap Greek yogurt for sour cream. Replacing sour cream with Greek yogurt is a no brainer. Greek yogurt is versatile and is similar in taste and texture. Plus, it has more protein and less fat.
- Swap almond milk for regular milk. Regular milk very high in calories. Simply swapping the milk in your cereal or oatmeal for unsweetened almond milk will save you a ton of calories and I can guarantee you won’t even taste the difference.
- Swap avocado spread for mayonnaise. You can whip up a simple avocado spread with 1 avocado and a little lime/lemon juice and it’s a great source for folate and Vitamin E, and is also much lower in calories. Plus, it is packed with monounsaturated fat that will decrease your stomach pouch, help your heart, and lower your cholesterol. Win, win, win.
Small, simple changes can lead to big results!
Start with just swapping Born Sweet Zing™ Zero Calorie Stevia Sweetener in your morning coffee or post-workout smoothie!