This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCan #CollectiveBias
There is nothing better than a big ole’ bowl of soup curled up on the couch watching a movie or catching up with a marathon of your favorite Netflix shows.
With the weather being so crazy lately… cold and snowing one day and then in the high 40s and snow melting the next… it’s hard to figure out what to do with myself from day to day.
So lately I’ve been relying heavily on my slow cooker to fix our meals just in case I decided to head out and do some shopping, or take the baby out for a walk, or whatever when the weather is warmer.
I love my slow cooker just for that reason. It lets me throw everything into one pot and then it just does it’s thing.
Nothing better than not having to worry about what to make for dinner!
So I decided to make a slow cooker version of one of my favorite pasta dishes… chicken parmesan. There is nothing better then breaded chicken with red sauce, pasta, and cheese. Yum!
I was able to find all the ingredients I needed at my local Wal-Mart on a recent shopping trip (man I feel like I am at the grocery store all.the.time.).
I picked up some Hunt’s tomatoes, fresh bell peppers, onions, and herbs, and a loaf of fresh french bread for dipping. Because we all need something to dip in soup.
Another thing that makes this recipe super easy, is after you cook the chicken in the broth… just take it out and shred it with your hand mixer or stand mixer.
Takes 0.2 seconds to shred this way vs. using two forks which can take forever.
Have you ever tried using your stand/hand mixer to shred your chicken? Seriously best discovery ever.
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano chopped
- 8 oz pasta
- In slow cooker, add garlic, bell pepper, tomatoes, chicken, broth, onion, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, basil, and oregano. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
- When it’s about 30 minutes before end of cooking time, remove chicken breasts and shred using stand or hand mixer (best way to shred chicken) or two forks. Return chicken back to slow cooker.
- Add uncooked pasta and stir to combine. Cook additional 30 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately topped with remaining parmesan cheese and fresh basil, if desired.