A flavorful, slightly spicy shrimp parmesan pasta dish that comes together in about 30 minutes and makes the prefect weeknight dinner.
I am a huge fan of super simple dinner recipes. I love finding creative ways to serve my family’s favorite things in a simple-to-make dish that doesn’t take very long to prepare or cook.
With 2 kids, and one on the way, the house definitely gets a little crazy from time-to time and this momma wants things done as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Especially on the nights when I don’t necessarily feel like cooking. Throwing a few ingredients together to make a flavorful meal for the family is definitely top of the priority list.
The baby currently loves anything that has to do with shrimp. It feels like all she asks for lately is more shrimp… no matter what it is we are eating.
It also helps that my oldest loves shrimp, too, and so this spicy shrimp pasta was a huge hit with the family.
She also loves parmesan cheese, and as you can tell, we went a little overboard with the parmesan cheese when shooting this recipe. She kept trying to add more to the skillet, saying “more cheese” and just dumping it in there.
So I had to keep stirring to try and make it looks like not too much. But eventually just gave up and went with what was in the skillet and took the parmesan jar away.
She really likes to try and “help” me with my photoshoots… and it’s too darn cute to tell her no so, most of the time, I just let her do it.
Anyway, even though this is a spicy shrimp parmesan pasta, I personally didn’t make it too spicy. I didn’t want the baby to not be able to eat it for dinner even though it was loaded with parmesan cheese.
But you can definitely add more spice to it to suite your flavor profile and pallet.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 lb pasta
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes. Add shrimp and stir to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 8 hours.
- In large stockpot, cook pasta according to box directions to al dente. Drain.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add shrimp and remaining marinade. Cook until shrimp are pink and cooked through; about 3-6 minutes.
- Add pasta and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Top with additional Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.