And we are officially in vacation mode, ladies and gentlemen! I could not be more excited to finally have a little family vacation that isn’t back to Florida to see the rest of the family.
Yes, visiting family is nice but when that’s all you do, it tends to get a little boring after like the 10th time you do it.
A couple months ago the hubby had the idea to go to the Mall of America with the kiddos and I instantly said yes.
Why not? Largest mall in America? Uh.. Duh. Haha
Just last week we booked the hotel and that makes it officially official. Originally we booked it for this Thursday thru Sunday and we would spend just two full days there.
But after the hubby did some thinking he told me to add an extra night.
That mall is huge and we probably won’t get through all that we want to in just two short days. Plus, we haven’t really had a fun little mini-vacation in a while and it’s definitely time.
We’re staying at the AC Hotel Bloomington that is right across the street from the mall. It looks pretty swanky considering the sweet price that we paid so I can’t wait to get there and see it in person.
I guess it was just built and opened this year, so it’s a fairly new hotel.
Plus, the best part I think, there is NO carpet in the hotel rooms! Hotel carpet kinda freaks me out a little and so this is a big plus for me.
Especially with a 7 month old that is still playing on the ground and carpet, that make this momma really happy.
Anyway, we are leaving tomorrow morning early and I am leaving my laptop at home too. No blogging or thinking about “work” while we’re away.
I really just want to enjoy the time with the family without distractions and worrying about everything else that might need to get done.
I’m signing off and I’ll see you guys in a few days!
Tomato Basil Aioli Chicken
- 12 oz orzo
- 3 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 5 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes drained
- In a medium pot, bring water to boil and add orzo. Cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain and toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil; set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat skillet to medium-high and add rest of olive oil. Season chicken, on both sides, with salt and pepper and add to hot pan.
- Cook chicken 4-5 minutes per side until cooked through and done. Remove from pan to serving plate, or individual plates.
- In a food processor or blender, add all aioli ingredients and blend until smooth; about 1 minute.
- Serve aioli spooned over chicken with orzo on the side.