Wow your friends by making a super simple slushie with your favorite white wine and some frozen watermelon cubes!
What a whirlwind of a weekend! OMG I had such a blast and so much fun at the workshop.
In all honesty, I’m still decompressing and trying to get my wits about me after getting back yesterday.
It was so nice to finally meet my blogging friend Mary in person! She is everything I thought she would be and more!
We had such a great time together this weekend.
It was super nice to have someone there that I “knew” to go back to the room with at the end of the day and discuss what we learned, swap notes, and talk about what our goals are for the next day.
And it was also nice to have someone to go out with after the day’s events were over and drink beer with.
She loves beer as much as I do. Score!
Luckily the workshop ended about noon on Sunday then I only had a two hour drive home and was able to unpack and relax for the rest of the night without feeling even more overwhelmed.
And with my mom being here and now my sisters coming in to town next week, I need all the relaxation I can get.
This house is crazy with so many people in it.
Anyway, now it’s back to reality and back to work and trying to catch-up from being gone and having my mom in town.
I don’t know what it is, but I always feel so guilty going downstairs to work while she is here.
I literally only work for 3 hours a day but I always feel guilty.
I try and keep thinking, would I feel guilty if I had to leave the house and work as opposed to staying home and sometimes it makes me feel not-so-bad but not always.
Hence the reason that I am usually absent on the blog front when moms is in town.
So while I’ve been decompressing today, I thought it would be a perfect time to make these watermelon wine slushies.
How can you go wrong with wine in slushie form? You can’t, my friends… you just can’t.
- 6 cups watermelon cubed
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine
- Place the watermelon cubes in a single layer onto baking sheet.
- Place in freezer and freeze for 2 hours or until frozen and ready to use.
- Place 1/2 of the watermelon cubes into blender with 1/2 bottle of wine. Blend on high for 1 minute until shush.
- Pour into wine glasses and enjoy! Repeat with remaining watermelon and wine.
- Store unused slush portion in the freezer until ready for another glass. Blend for a couple seconds to reincorporate.