The easiest waffles you will ever make... with a pre-made cinnamon roll dough and melted frosting.
I'm just going to open up and say that this is going to be the easiest recipe to make on the planet. I cheated on this recipe because I really didn't “make” anything.
I've been seeing pins all over Pinterest about how you can “waffle” just about any type of dough or batter. Kind of like those BlendTec videos that wonder what their blender is able to blend. So I wanted to give it a try.
This is my first experiment. Cinnamon Roll Waffles.
I took a regular, store-bought can of cinnamon rolls and just stuck them in my waffle maker.
Yep, that's it.
And ya know what, they turned out amazing! Better than I actually thought they would. They are still soft and chewy in the center but slightly crispy on the outside.
Then I just drizzled the melted frosting all over top of them, topped with a few pieces of fresh fruit and wallah – instant waffle breakfast.
I promise that next time I'll make some real cinnamon roll waffles. But for now, these will be serving a rotation in my kitchen and I will make them when I don't feel like making a real batter. haha
Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- 1 can pre-made cinnamon rolls
- Preheat waffle iron to medium and spray well with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place cinnamon rolls, 1 at a time, onto hot waffle iron and cook 6-8 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- In microwave, heat icing until just melted; about 20 seconds.
- Top warm waffles with icing and desired fruit. Serve immediately.