Quinoa salad made with cucumber, tomato, and topped with a soy sauce dressing.
Quinoa is a complex carb… meaning it takes longer to digest and therefore keeps you fuller longer. It is a good source of dietary fiber, calcium and is high in magnesium and iron. Quinoa is also gluten-free and easy to digest.
It tastes EXACTLY the same, if not better, than rice and add to it the higher protein content… whereas white and brown rice lack the protein… and you've got a nice little side to any meal, or a meal in itself with this quick and simple salad recipe!
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 medium tomato diced
- 1/2 medium cucumber peeled, diced
- 1 medium carrot peeled, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
Combine quinoa, oil, and lemon juice, plus Bragg Liquid Aminos in a medium bowl and mix well.
Add tomato, cucumber, and carrot and toss gently to blend. Gently fold in parsley.
- Let salad marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before serving.