Beautiful red velvet pancakes that are perfect for Valentine's Day or Christmas. Or any day, really.
I don't consider myself a food blogger by any means. Though I do love to try new recipes and then blog about them, I am far from a food blogger. That being said, I am a horrible “wannabe” food blogger. It seems to me that all of my favorite food blogs anticipate the upcoming holidays and then create and blog about related recipes in advance. Obviously they shoud so that people can then make said recipe on the holiday suggested.
Well, I fail big time in that area… and I'm ok with that.
I made these beautiful red velvet pancakes on Valentine's day. It is now a month later. Whatever.
Oh wait, or am I extremely early for next Valentine's Day? Or maybe Christmas since they are red? I'll go with either.
Anyway, red velvet is a huge love of mine. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I love everything red velvet. Maybe it's just because it's chocolate that's red that I like. Makes it prettier than just boring brown chocolate and I love pretty food. Either way, I am a red velvet fan for life and these pancakes are an amazing creation.
Red Velvet Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red food coloring
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- Preheat your electric griddle to about 325.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Add all liquid ingredients to separate bowl and mix together. Slowly mix in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Place about 1/4 cup of batter on griddle and cook until bubbles begin to form and then flip.Cook other side for about a minute or until cooked through.
- Serve warm with your favorite topping.
Adapted from Cooking Classy