Happy Friday, my lovelies! How was your Thanksgiving? If it was anything like mine… you probably stuffed your face until you felt like a giant balloon.
I seriously ate so much food that I don’t even know if I will eat turkey ever again.
Nah… who am I kidding, of course I will!
This gorgeous bread made a debut at one of the two Thanksgiving’s that I celebrated this year. Yes, I said two.
Hence the reason that I said I might not eat turkey ever again.
We hosted our 3rd annual friendsgiving this year with all our friends that live here in Michigan with us and work with Stefan. Then I (the hubs had to work) headed to my Aunt’s house over in Lansing for actual Thanksgiving day and spent time with my family there.
It’s nice to be able to see my Aunt, Uncles, and Grandma while I live here in Michigan.
Every time I go see them, I always say I need to get over there more often or spend more time with them but then it never happens and next thing I know another year has passed.
I mean, we really have a finite amount of time living here in Michigan and once we move I don’t know if I’ll get to see them as much or often as now, so I better get on it!
Maybe that’ll be one of my resolutions this new year?
There are so many delicious recipes in there that I have made two of them already!
This bread reminded me of my grandma’s banana bread recipe that she used to make when I was a kid. Only this recipe is made with apples instead of bananas and there are added oats in there.
It was so good that I ate all three of those pieces you see there as soon as I was done shooting. #noshame
I would highly recommend you put this bread on your to-make list now! I also enjoyed this bread warmed in the microwave with a little scoop of ice cream on the side and it was a perfect little dessert to top off the night.
Apple Spice Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups apple shredded
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray 2 loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, or stand mixer, whisk to combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add apples, eggs, milk, sour cream, and oil and thoroughly mix until incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared baking pans and bake at 350° F for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and serve!