Beautiful banana pancakes made with protein powder and cottage cheese for a high-protein way to start your day.
These pancakes are simple. Yet delicious.
As much as I love having a huge breakfast with load of pancakes or waffles, eggs and bacon, or whatever I’m in the mood for that day… it’s nice to have a quick and simple breakfast when I don’t feel like taking too much time to make a breakfast that takes less than 2 minutes to eat.
Bonus that these pancakes are healthy too…
Anyway, these pancakes take all of 5 minutes to put together and about 5 minutes to cook and they are delicious!
I usually make a double or triple batch and freeze the leftovers for quick snacks or breakfast the next few days.
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 medium banana
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Heat griddle over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add uncooked oats to blender and bend on high for 1-2 minutes until it creates a powder or flour.
- Add rest of ingredients and blend on high until combined.
- Pour batter onto griddle by 1/4 cupful and cook 1-2 minutes, or until bubbles start to form on top. Flip and cook another 1-2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite topping!