Classic pot pie made with shredded chicken and veggies in a creamy sauce then topped with pre-made biscuits and baked until golden brown.
As a busy mom, there is nothing better than a quick meal that I can just whip up. This biscuit pot pie is no exception.
Good, home cooked meals are a must but not every enjoys or want to slave over a hot stove in the kitchen for hours just for a meal.
Especially when that meal is usually devoured within 5-10 minutes. Which is more than likely the case. At least it is the case with my family.
That’s where this biscuit pot pie comes in.
It really is comfort food in a bowl and it doesn’t take hours to make. It’s quick, simple, and everyone will think that it took you hours.
I used to love it when my mom made pot pie for dinner… actually I still do. I love all my mom’s cooking.
What child doesn’t?
The biscuits are really the star of this dish and what make it super simple.
Yeah, you could go out and buy one of those frozen pot pies but why would you want to when this dish is much better, much less cost, and way better for you?
I’m sure that there are tons of different ways to make pit pie out there but of all the recipes I have tried, this is by far my favorite.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 can grands biscuits
- Heat large skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken 4-6 minutes per side, until done. Remove chicken from pan and shred with two forks.
- Preheat oven to 400° F and spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Using the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots, and celery and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 3-4 minutes. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add chicken broth, and milk and cook until slightly thickened; about 1-2 minutes. Stir in shredded chicken and peas, season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add skillet mixture to prepared baking dish. Cut biscuits into quarters and add to top of chicken mixture.
- Cook at 400° F until tops are golden brown and biscuits are cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes before serving.