Have your Chai Tea anytime with the simple Chai Tea concentrate to make all your favorite Chai drinks!
Chai tea lattes are one of my favorite things. They are usually my go-to when I go through the coffee shop drive through.
If its morning, I’ll usually order one that’s nice and hot. But in the summer and in the afternoon, I always order an iced chai tea latte.
Unfortunately, I don’t have a plethora of coffee shops to choose from or even go to when I’m having a craving for a fancy coffeehouse drink.
Plus, with the two kiddos it’s a little time consuming and inconvenient to pile everyone in the car just to get a coffee.
So I’ve resorted to trying to make most of my favorite drinks at home.
The name, chai tea latte, to me just sounds incredibly difficult and labor intensive. This is the reason I just kept heading through the drive-through every time I had a craving for one.
What I didn’t realize, though, was how incredibly easy they are to make at home and now I can have my Chai tea latte whenever I want without having to pile everyone in the car and head to the coffeeshop.
Apparently, what is difficult, however, is trying to pour something and get a good picture at the same time. As noted by the spillage you see there. So, I had to enlist the help of my 8 year-old.
No big deal. She is apparently much better at it than I am.
All there is to making a delicious chai tea latte in your own home is a few spices and about 20 minutes. Sounds easy enough, right?
Then you just add your milk of choice, either hot or poured over ice like I did, and give it a little stir and you have your own home-made chai tea latte!
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 4 cups water
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground anise
- 1 vanilla bean sliced open lengthwise
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 black tea bags
- In a saucepan, bring water and all ingredients (except tea bags) to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add tea bags. Let steep for about 5 minutes.
- Pour liquid through a fine mesh strainer lined with coffee filter into a glass jar or tightly closing container.
To make the chai tea latte:
- Combine equal parts chai tea concentrate with your milk of choice to make chai tea latte. Can be made hot or poured over ice for iced chai tea latte.