Flaky white fish cooked to perfection and loaded into some flour tortillas and topped with homemade roasted tomato salsa.
Yay! Here we are, ladies and gents, with the first recipe post of the new year.
Like I said before it’s been about 4 months since I’ve posted a recipe (or anything really) on this little blog of mine.
I was getting overwhelmed with everything.
Then couple that with the first trimester of pregnancy and the nauseousness that comes along with that and I’m just down for the count with no motivation to do anything.
However, the nauseousness has subsided and I’m back to blogging regularly again.
So far this first week of the new year has been uneventful – which is how I like it to start – besides the almost 2 feet of snow on the ground… haha. It gives me time to reflect and make goals for what I want to accomplish for this year.
I’m excited to be getting back to blogging and hopefully taking my photography to the next level.
Photography is the main reason I fell in love with blogging and keeping that nurtured will definitely help me keep out of that blogging “funk” that seems to happen to me at random times a year.
Anyway, onto these beautiful fish tacos.
This is one of my favorite recipes for simple tacos that are a little different from the norm. I always keep fish in the freezer for those random nights when I don’t really feel like cooking but have to make something because you can’t just starve yourself or your kids. Haha… mainly just can’t starve the kids.
Then when I don’t feel like making my usual fish and veggies and potatoes I’ll bust out this recipe and make some tacos. My middle baby has grown a huge love for tacos and requests them almost every night for dinner.
As much as I love tacos, too, I cannot just have the regular ground beef and cheese tacos all the time.
That’s where this recipe meshes together… with my love of fish and my daughters love for tacos. Throw in a little homemade tomato salsa and boom, done.
For the salsa
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1/2 large red onion cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 chipotle in adobo
For the tacos
- 1 lb fresh white fish
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 8 medium corn or flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- shredded Mexican cheese
For the salsa
- Preheat the oven to 450° F and place tomatoes and red onion slices into shallow baking dish. Drizzle with about 1 Tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Roast at 450° F for 20-30 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Add cooled vegetables to food processor with chipotle in adobo pepper and fresh cilantro. Process until smooth, gradually adding remaining oil.
- Pour finished salsa into serving bowl.
For the tacos
- Brush fish with olive oil and season with cumin, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Grill over medium heat, 4-6 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with fork making sure to only turn once while cooking.
- Remove fish from grill and slightly flake with fork.
- Build tortillas by layering fish, salsa, sour cream, cheese, and more fresh cilantro. Serve and enjoy!