Super simple one dish chicken & potato bake seasoned with lemon, garlic, and fresh rosemary.
We are officially in summer break mode and this momma is already tired. Summer break doesn’t even officially begin until Friday – when Alyssa gets out of her last half day of school.
Side Rant: What is the purpose of a half day anyway? I mean seriously.
Not one half day that I have ever been a part of (in my school career and my daughters) so far have been even slightly productive.
I heard somewhere that school districts have half days but they are considered full days for the official school calendar. How is that possible?
They aren’t productive and teachers always play movies or do some lazy activities that aren’t even relevant to the curriculum or learning.
But I digress… whatever, she gets out of the house for a couple hours for her last day.
So with summer rapidly approaching I am all about the quick and simple dinners. With the amazing weather and all the summer activities I have planned, there is no time for me to be slaving away in the kitchen making horribly complicated dinners.
Plus, one pan or pot or whatever, and minimal cleanup is always the name of my game. If I can just throw everything into one dish and let it cook for a desired amount of time then take it out then serve it… boom. Done.
All about that.
So here is a lemon rosemary roasted chicken dish that I have literally been making for years. It’s ridiculously simple by just seasoning some chicken, chopping some potatoes and throwing it all in a 9 x 13 baking dish and letting it bake until the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are soft and roasted.
I am literally addicted to dishes like this and make them, in many different formats (like this buffalo chicken one) at least once a week.
Why not? It give me about 15 minutes of hands on time then I’m back outside in the glorious sunshine with a beer and playing with the kids in the backyard.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 lbs red potatoes diced
- 1 1/2 lbs bone-in chicken legs & thighs
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425° F and spray 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, mustard, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs in the baking dish along with the potatoes. Pour the dressing over top and gently toss to combine with potatoes and coat chicken. Arrange in single layer in baking sheet.
- Place rosemary sprigs around baking dish and add few extra lemon slices. Roast at 425° F for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 10-15 minutes and serve.