Turkey meatballs stuffed with ooey-gooey, melty mozzarella cheese for a delightful little pasta night surprise.
Do you ever find yourself making a lot of the same type of meal over and over? I just recently noticed that this is like my third or fourth “stuffed” dish in the past month.
This happens to me all the time. I get on a kick for something and I feel like I make all the things!
Even so, it’s never a bad thing. I mean, how can you go wrong with mozzarella stuffed turkey meatballs?
There’s just no way!
These are great for when you have guests over too because they think, “oh, just a regular meatball.”
Then they break it open with a fork and all the ooey-gooey goodness that is melted mozzarella cheese comes cascading out of the meatball. So delicious.
Truly these meatballs are great for any night of the week as they don’t take too much time to make, or stuff. And it’s a nice little surprise for anyone you might be serving.
Bonus! You won’t have any leftovers. Which I think is always a win in my book.
My family is terrible at remembering to eat leftovers… even when I have designated days on the calendar for leftover meals.
Usually those days are then filled with the hubby’s cooking or we go out to eat, if he’s home. Then we have even more leftovers from dinner. It’s a vicious cycle.
I even make induvial Tupperware for the hubby to take to work for dinner or lunch and he always forgets it in the fridge.
I’m not any better either.
Even though I work at home all day, I always forget to eat the leftovers or sometimes to even eat all together. I feed my kids but always forget to feed myself.
Anyway, enough of my rambling. Go. Now.
Make these meatballs. You can thank me later.
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 12 mini mozzarella balls
- Preheat grill pan or saute pan over medium-high heat with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, basil, egg, tomato paste, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and then form each portion into 3 meatballs. Press 1 mini mozzarella ball into the center of each meatball and pinch meat around the cheese to seal.
- Cook meatballs in preheated pan, covered, turning occasionally until firm and cooked through; about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately over pasta or with your favorite veggies.