These roasted chickpeas drizzled with olive oil and tossed in a ranch parmesan mixture are the perfect make-ahead snack!
I’m a huge fan of snacking. Actually just now, as I am writing this, I am powering my way through a bowl of trail mix. You know, the kind that has the raisins, nuts, and chocolate candy pieces.
Yes. No shame, in my game.
Of course, I would rather have these but I ate them all in about one sitting after they had been photographed and, sadly, I do not have another can of chickpeas in the cabinet.
So until I go to the grocery store, the regular ole’ trail mix will have to do.
So, yes, as you can see I am a big fan of snacking. As much as I know I should be eating more regular meals, sometimes it just isn’t feasible for me during the day.
Nope, scratch that… most of the time I just forget. Yeah, that sounds about right.
I feed my kids breakfast and lunch but then never end up feeding myself at the same time and end up just grabbing a Shakeology or some other snack. Dinner is sometimes the only meal that I can say is a “true” meal for me.
When I can I try and make my own healthy snacks to keep on hand – like these homemade apple chips – so I’m not tempted by the not-so-good stuff.
This was my first attempt at making roasted chickpeas and they turned out amazing. I absolutely love chickpeas and I had been seeing a few roasted chickpea recipes floating around the interwebs and I felt like giving it a try.
I love it when things turn out right the first time I try them!
Add in a little parmesan and a packet of ranch mix that I had in the cabinet and you have yourself some parmesan ranch roasted chickpeas that will definitely be eaten in one sitting.
- 2 cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the rinsed chickpeas, olive oil, ranch mixture, and parmesan cheese. Toss to coat.
- Pour chickpeas onto prepared baking sheet, flattening into a single layer.
- Cook at 400° F for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and toss to prevent sticking. Place back in oven for additional 15 minutes or until chickpeas are golden brown and crispy.
- Let cool on baking sheet completely.
- Serve and snack away!