#SpreadCheer this holiday season by making some yummy peanutbutter truffles for your family and friends!
Happy Thanksgiving Eve! Obviously I know that Thanksgiving is tomorrow but are you guys in full on cookie holiday baking mode like I am?!? I think that I have made about 6 different kind of cookies already. It’s crazy but the neighbors absolutely love me because I keep surprising them with little goodies.
I usually do this every year, where I make a bunch of cookies and then do the rounds throughout the neighborhood and drop them off to all the neighbors. However, these past couple years I just wasn’t into baking all that much and my cookie baking didn’t happen. Maybe because of getting used to the snow and winter’s here?
I dunno… but to help me get out of my cookie funk I teamed up with Betty Crocker to help #SpreadCheer this holiday season and give the gift of cookies to everyone!
So I got to baking and started making all kinds of fun treats for the holiday season. Along with some of my usual staples, I decided to try my hand at cookie truffles. With the Betty Crocker Cookie Mix from my local Walmart I can do this with very little ingredients and a short amount of time. Which gives me more time with the people I love the most… my family!
So after making some of these delicious truffles, I had my babygirl head over and drop them off on the doorstep of our neighbors house. I feel like they always do so much for us and rarely do I get to return the favors they do for us so surprising them with a basket full of peanut butter cookie truffles seemed like a perfect little way to say “thanks!”
And now I want to nominate YOU to help #SpreadCheer this holiday season by creating your own little cookie gift basket and giving it to someone special to you. When you surprise your favorite people with fresh-baked goodness made straight from the heart, you’re letting them know that their good deeds don’t go unnoticed – like the neighbors mowing my lawn for me when I was pregnant (yes that happened!).
Peanut Butter Cookie Truffles
- 1 pouch peanut butter cookie mix
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp shortening
- 1/4 cup peanuts finely chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Make cookies according to package directions and cool completely, at least 15 minutes.
- In food processor, add the cookies and process until they are fine crumbs. Add cream cheese and peanut butter and process until mixture comes together and can be pressed into a ball.
- Scoop by 1 Tbsp and shape into ball. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. Refrigerate for about 20-30 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and shortening and microwave on high for 3--60 seconds. Stir each 30 seconds until chocolate is fully melted.
- Using a fork, dip and roll the chilled cookie balls in the melted chocolate. Return to lined cookie sheet and sprinkle top with chopped peanuts. Repeat with all remaining balls.
- Chill for another 30 minutes and then serve.