Make your pizza into portable little sliders with some pull-apart dinner rolls, marinara sauce, pepperoni, and cheese.
Do you ever get back from vacation and feel like you need a vacation from your vacation? Seriously.
Usually the point of vacation is to relax and enjoy yourself but sometimes they are just so packed full of activities that you need some downtime when you get back home.
We just got back form Mall of America on Sunday and I have been so lazy the past 3 days just literally doing nothing.
I’m not exactly sure if it was all the walking we did there that wore me out or if it was the 7 hour drive there and back.
Well the 7 hour drive back that turned into a 9 hour drive back because of all the traffic in Chicago. Ugh.
I have lived here for 4 years and that highway has been under construction the entire time and I don’t think it will ever be finished.
Then pair the construction with terrible drivers getting into car accidents and you have a pileup on the interstate that is unbearable.
It’s a good think I had my podcasts to listen to during the drive or I probably would have gone insane.
Anyway, since I’ve been feeling lazy so have the dinners. I saw a picture of these sliders on Pinterest and figured they would be the prefect lazy dinner for this week.
We already had all the ingredients in the fridge because the kids love cheese and snacking on pepperoni so all I had to grab was some dinner rolls.
Make up a little garlic butter sauce for the top, then bake them in the oven for a few minutes to make the tops golden brown and melt the cheese, and done. You’ve got yourself a super simple dinner for the family.
Or a sweet little party snack. I actually made these for my besites baby shower, too, and they were the perfect portable food for people to eat while talking and mingling with each other.
- 1 (12 count) package dinner rolls
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 (5 oz) package sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400° F and spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with foil.
- Cut dinner rolls in half, lengthwise and place bottom buns on baking sheet. Top with equal amounts of pizza sauce, pepperoni, and cheese and top of bun.
- In a small bowl whisk butter, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, parsley, and oregano to combine. Brush half of mixture evenly on top of rolls.
- Bake at 400° F for 10-12 minutes or until rolls are golden brown and cheese is melty.
- Remove from oven, brush with remaining butter mixture. Cut and serve immediately.