Tangy goat cheese paired with smoky roasted red peppers for a delicious roasted red pepper and goat cheese pasta dish.
It’s been quite a hot minute (do people even say that anymore?) since I’ve posted a dinner/entree recipe… and maybe for good reason. This roasted red pepper & goat cheese pasta is to die!!
It is probably one of the best things that I have had in a long time.
Seriously. I haven’t been doing much cooking lately (not sure why, just haven’t) but when I saw this recipe on Pinterest I knew I had to try it.
Pinterest really has turned into my go-to when I’m looking for something yummy to make for dinner or whenever. You too?
Now if you are not a fan of goat cheese, I will forgive you but I am a HUGE lover of goat cheese. I try and eat it with every chance I get. Whenever I go to a restaurant and I see goat cheese on the menu, I order whatever that thing is.
This pasta is creamy, cheesy, roasted red pepper-y (not a word but it works) and just amazing!
- 2 whole red bell peppers
- 1/2 lb pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup half & half
- 11 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 500° F.
- Place red peppers on baking sheet and bake on top rack for 20-30 minutes, turning 1/2 way through, until peppers are charred. Remove from oven and cover with foil for about 10 minutes to let the steam soften the skin and peppers.
- While peppers are in oven, boil water in stockpot and cook pasta to al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- In separate saute pan, add olive oil, garlic, and onions and cook until onions are just translucent. Add half & half and goat cheese and stir to combine. Let goat cheese melt over medium-low heat then reduce heat to low to keep sauce warm.
- Uncover peppers, peel off the skin, and remove stem and seeds. Roughly chop and place into food processor with artichoke hearts and pulse until smooth.
- Add peppers & artichoke puree to goat cheese sauce and stir to combine. Add cooked pasta and parmesan cheese and stir to coat the pasta.
- Serve immediately, topped with extra parmesan cheese.