Sliced kielbasa sausage and mini potatoes are tossed in a garlic, butter, parmesan mixture then baked to crispy perfection.
I’ve been making a quite a few one-pot/one-pan dishes lately and I’m not mad at it. I love simple dishes like these because they’re super easy to clean up. Also, just because it is a one-pan dish does not mean that it is lacking in flavor.
Sausage and peppers (or potatoes) is a staple in my household. It has been for years. Even when I was a broke college student, I would buy a big bag of potatoes and some of the cheapest sausage I could find.
I would put them into a pan and just saute until golden brown and crispy. Back in those days I would usually just add a little salt and pepper because that’s all I had and I had no idea about seasonings of any kind.
Oh to be young again.
Anyway, my love for sausage and peppers and potatoes continues to today. It’s one of my favorite simple, quick meals to make for the family. Plus, the kids love it and anything they love is a big win in my book.
So today I’m bringing you my updated version of sausage and potatoes. Once that I’ve had the pleasure of serving, perfecting, and devouring for many, many years – Sheet Pan Sausage and Potatoes.
Start by preheating your oven to 450° F and spraying a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. You could also line it with foil first then spray it and make for even easier cleanup.
Add diced potatoes, poblano peppers, bell peppers and chopped onions to a large bowl. Drizzle with butter, olive oil and toss to coat everything.
Sprinkle a generous amount of parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano, and paprika and toss again to coat everything. Pour everything onto your prepared baking sheet. Add your sliced, smoked sausage to the pan and evenly distribute.
Sprinkle the pan with salt and pepper.
Bake everything at 450° F for about 40-45 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender, vegetables are soft, and the sausage is browned and crispy.
Remove from the oven and give it a small toss just to coat everything in the juices that escaped while cooking. Top evenly with chopped parsley and some more parmesan cheese – you can never have enough parmesan cheese.
Cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
Like I said, this is a dish that is super simple and my kids absolutely love it. I usually cut the potatoes and everything bit-sized before baking so that I don’t have to go back and cut anything before serving. Saves a step and my hands from cutting food that is scorching hot.
I like not having to dirty to many more cutting utensils after or during dinner if I can. Haha… I try to avoid more dishes whenever possible.
Sometimes I’ll even top mine with some extra shredded Mexican cheese, just because I love cheese, but you’re welcome to do whatever you heart desires.
This is a super customizable recipe so make it yours!
- 2 lbs mini red & gold potatoes diced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 poblano pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 2 (14 oz) packages kielbasa sausage sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 425° F and spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add diced potatoes, onions, poblano pepper, bell pepper. Pour butter and oil over top and toss to coat.
- Add parmesan cheese, garlic, oregano, and paprika and toss to combine and coat all the vegetables.
- Pour contents onto prepared baking sheet. Evenly distribute sliced sausage around the pan.
- Bake at 425° F for 45 minutes – tossing half-way between cooking – until potatoes are fork tender and vegetables are soft.
- Remove from oven and top with chopped parsley and extra parmesan cheese, if desired. Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.