Thank you Super Lucky Elephant for sponsoring this post.
You guys! It finally feels like spring has arrived in Michigan! It has been in the 70s for the past few weeks and forecasted to be close to the 80s this week and I could not be more excited!
It felt like winter would never end but alas it has and I am basking in the beautiful sunshine.
And now that spring has arrived and summer is just around the corner, I broke out the crockpot and an taking full advantage of not having to worry too much about dinner.
I’ve mentioned before that I absolutely love using my crockpot in the spring and summer because it gives me more time to be outside with the kiddos and the family.
I love just throwing everything in the crockpot in the morning and then enjoying the day – playing in the backyard, going to the beach, taking the kids to the park – and then coming back in (or home) and having dinner ready and waiting for me.
Recently, I ran across Super Lucky Elephant ready-to-serve Jasmine Rice and I was inspired to make this chicken curry dish. Since I am super terrible at remembering to make side dishes for most of the meals I prepare (mom brain?!?) it’s nice to have a great product that you can just heat quickly and enjoy.
Super Lucky Elephant is flavorful, aromatic, and of the highest quality. It brings rich culture to the kitchen with their Thai Hom Mali Jasmine Rice that is authentic and sourced straight from Thailand. Thai Hom Mali Jasmine Rice is the most prestigious variety of rice in the world and it’s purity and quality are certified by the Thai government. It’s also non-GMO and naturally gluten free!
I grabbed both of their flavors, original Thai Hom Mali Jasmine Rice for this dish for this dish and the Coconut Thai Hom Mali Jasmine Rice for another dish that I plan on making in the future. This Super Lucky Elephant rice makes the perfect foundation to this meal and definitely turns an ordinary dish into something more delicious.
This dish only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and then just turn on the crockpot and let it cook for 4-6 hours while you enjoy your day.
Then come back and heat a couple packages of the Super Lucky Elephant Jasmine Rice and you have a delicious chicken curry meal that everyone will think you slaved over for hours.
Because you totally did, right?!?
Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
- jasmine rice cooked
- lime wedges
- fresh cilantro chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together water, coconut milk, curry paste, sugar, fish sauce, and ginger.
- Using the side of a large knife or a mallet, smash the lemongrass stalk.
- In a 6-8 quart slow cooker, place chicken breasts on the bottom. Add diced potatoes and pour sauce over top. Add lemongrass stalk.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours until the chicken is done.
- Uncover the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Lightly shred the chicken breasts with two forks and stir to incorporate back into the sauce. Discard the lemongrass.
- Serve curry over bed of jasmine rice and top with peanuts, cilantro, and a wedge of lime.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.