Bourbon has kind of been my thing lately. I’ve been perusing the aisles of the liquor store more and more lately trying to branch out of my comfort zone of grabbing the same brand.
There’s so many great distilleries here in TX that I can’t not grab a local one. And I definitely need to get out and visit some of these distilleries… once the pandemic is over, of course.
So today I’m bringing you another summer sipper that is perfect for the patio – a strawberry mango bourbon smash. It has just a hint of mango and fresh muddles strawberries and a generous pour of bourbon.
Start by adding your strawberries to the bottom of a cocktail shaker with lime juice and simple syrup. Muddle the strawberries fully with a drink muddler or the end of a wooden spoon.
Add in the mango nectar, bourbon and fill the shaker about half-way with ice. Cover and shake vigorously for 30 seconds to fully combine and chill the drink.
Double strain into a highball glass filled with fresh ice and top with ginger beer. Garnish with a strawberry flower and fresh mint leaf.
Sip and enjoy!
I made a big batch of these and perched myself outside with my laptop, watching the kids play in the backyard, and enjoying these hot summer days.
I love this time of year.
Strawberry Mango Bourbon Smash
- 2 whole strawberries
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup optional
- 1 oz mango nectar
- 2 oz bourbon
- 2 oz ginger beer
- In a cocktail shaker, add strawberries, lime juice, and simple syrup. Muddle fully with a drink muddler or the end of a wooden spoon.
- Add mango nectar and bourbon then fill shaker 1/2 way with ice.
- Cover and shake for 30 seconds to chill and combine drink.
- Double strain into highball or collins glass filled with fresh ice. Top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with more strawberries and fresh mint leaf, if desired.